2010-04-21

The amazing power of friendship / El poder asombroso de la amistad

Today, I met with three other women friends in a street café, next to a beautiful park in the middle of Mexico City. It took a bit of maneuvering for all of us to make the time to meet, but we stuck with it! Such a rare thing, in a city like ours, with lives as busy as the ones we lead, to be able to make and preserve that space for intimacy!
During our encounter, I shared a lot about A-HOPE Orchestra. I told my friends the story of how my participation in the project began, and I also told them about my hopes and doubts, my fears and insecurities, as well as the gratitude and joy this invitation has brought to my heart.
My friends celebrated this chapter in my life, embracing it with love and hope. Each of them, in turn, shared something of themselves. We all celebrated the unique moment each of us is living.
Because of this exchange I had today, the quality of the day -and perhaps of many days to come-, subtly and deeply changed. Everything has become so much sweeter!
I feel as though the spring of appreciation in my soul has been replenished!


Hoy me encontré con otras tres amigas, en un café callejero, cerca de un hermoso parque, en mitad de la ciudad de México. Fueron necesarias unas cuantas maniobras para que todas pudiéramos hacer el tiempo para vernos, ¡pero insistimos! ¡Es algo tan raro, en una ciudad como la nuestra, con vidas tan ocupadas como las que llevamos, poder preservar ese espacio para la intimidad!
Durante nuestro encuentro, les compartí mucho sobre la Orquesta A-HOPE. Les conté la historia de cómo comencé a participar en el proyecto, y también les hablé de mis esperanzas y dudas, miedos e inseguridades, así como del júbilo y la gratitud que esta invitación ha traído a mi corazón.
Mis amigas celebraron este capítulo en mi vida, abrazándolo con amor y esperanza. A su vez, cada una compartió algo de sí misma. Todas celebramos el momento único que cada cual está viviendo.
Debido a este intercambio que tuve hoy, la calidad del día -y tal vez de muchos días por venir-, cambió sutil y profundamente. ¡Todo se ha hecho más dulce! ¡Me siento como si el manantial de apreciación que hay en mi alma se hubiera surtido de nuevo!

(Photo: www.img.elblogsalmon.com)

1 comment:

Alex said...

Estamos todas sumergidas en ese mismo manantial Duhja querida!! Gracias por compartir, porque así el viaje lo hacemos todos! Fajr.