2010-09-14

Arriving in Ahmedabad / Llegar a Ahmedabad

I arrived in Ahmedabad at 1:30 am, after more than 36 hours of travelling! Sonia and Jayant greeted me at the airport. They immediately took me to Sabharmati Ashram. The darkness of night hardly allowed me to register the details of my surroundings. I remember Sonia´s embrace, the moment we met. I also remember Jayant handing me a bouquet of little red and white flowers... After this, I remember sitting alone in my room, sleepless, staring at a picture of Gandhiji, hanging on a wall. As I contemplated that face I thought: "I am here".


Llegué a Ahmedabad a la 1:30 de la mañana, ¡después de 36 horas de viaje! Sonia y Jayant me recibieron en el aeropuerto. Inmediatamente me llevaron a Sabharmati Ashram. La oscuridad de la noche apenas y me permitió registrar los detalles de lo que me rodeaba. Recuerdo el abrazo de Sonia, al momento de encontrarnos. También recuerdo a Jayant, entregándome un arreglo de pequeñas flores rojas y blancas... Después de eso, recuerdo estar a solas, sentada en mi cuarto, sin poder dormir, mirando una imagen de Gandhiji que colgaba en la pared. Al contemplar ese rostro pensaba: "Aquí estoy".

No comments: