2010-08-30

Ayoyotl

My dear friend Macuil Ponce is helping me make an ancient Aztec percussion called ayoyotl, to take with me to Ahmedabad! I feel so grateful for this! Macuil and I have been making music together for some years now. We formed a group called Nana Yoyolo, which means "Mother of Hearts". Our first album came out last year. Here is Macuil showing me how to thread the hollow nut that we call ayoyotl. 

¡Mi querida amiga Macuil Ponce está ayudándome a elaborar una antigua percusión azteca llamada ayoyotl, para que pueda llevarla conmigo a Ahmedabad! ¡Me siento tan agradecida por esto! Macuil y yo llevamos algunos años haciendo música juntas. Formamos un grupo llamado Nana Yoyolo, que quiere decir "Madre de corazones". Nuestro primer albumo salió el año paado. Aqui está Macuil, enseñándome cómo engarzar un ayoyotl.
Macuil Ponce

No comments: